Monday, May 17, 2010

The Last 3 Months: featuring some fuzzy math

Okay, so a couple of my friends have turned their blogs into books and this was one reason why I started this thing...well, I finally saw one of the books and I REALLY WANT ONE OF THOSE THINGS! How fun is it to see pics AND journaling of the day to day as well as the fun and exciting! I have scrapbooked (which I love) but I never end of journaling in it, I have a journal (which is sporadic of course) but you don't get pics with it...I will TRY this blogging thing again...and maybe actually journal a little instead of just captioning pics, so that I can have such a wonderful book to look at again and again (though for anyone that might actually check my blog again you might be board!) ! My problem is that i get behind and then have too much and then just get overwhelmed...so I need to keep it up right ?! (we'll see how that goes...)


So here's the math....

~ 1 strep throat
~ 8 colds
~ 2 pneumonias
~ 1 stomach flu
~ 5 fevers
~ 2 inlaws and 1 brother in law came to visit
~ 11th Valentine's Day spent together
~ 1 cute little healthy girl turned 1
~ 1 not so cute and not so little girl turn 1 + 30
~ 2 incredible friends that I grew up with and their 4 children stayed with us, in our 2 bedroom town home, for a week visiting San Fran, Fisherman's wharf/trolley rides/Boudin's, Muir Woods and the Redwoods, Discovery Museum in Sausillito, relaxing at the park in the sun, Jelly Belly factory, Boardwalk Amusement Park on the beach in Santa Cruz. Falling asleep with the kids and a few late nights! It was SO FUN! Please come back!
~ 35+ boxes packed
~ 1 new house found and rented
~ 1 whole house loaded into 3 trips in a Uhaul in 1 night with the help of 12 friends while 2 kids were being watched by 2 other friends, AND
~ 1 whole house UNloaded by those same 12 friends the SAME night...oh yeah...
~ 1 whole townhouse cleaned by 1 (me...) in 1 day in 2 different shifts
~ 30+ boxes UNpacked (yup...I've still got a few more to go)
~ 1 whole house being cleaned...continuously...ish...
~ 3+ mommy books read
~ 60+ children's books read
~ 525+ diapers changed
~ 56+ loads of laundry
~countless amounts of noses suctioned, dishes done, smiles shared, tears wiped, laughter heard, songs danced to, lessons taught, crying softened, pictures taken, cuddles captured, words said loud and soft, cookies and cupcakes made (and eaten), love shown...
===============
My life for the last 3 1/2 months :)





7 comments:

E B said...

That was a great sum-up! How exciting! Email me your new address if you get the chance.

Rebecca said...

Love you Laura! Thanks for this post. I've been feeling like I'm not accomplishing much lately, and even though I didn't just move, reading this post reminds me of how much I really do DO every day, even when it's not my ideal. It was so amazing visiting you guys. We miss you so much and would love to come again soon! I am sorry we were no help with your move though, and hope you're surviving! I still haven't gotten to the post office. AHHH! I've even had your gift since before your bday!! :( So sorry, I'll have to get there this week! Give those cute kids a hug for me. We love you all!

Jenny said...

whew! you need a break! can't wait to see your regular blog updates! :)

Jacy said...

I always have a family blog book in the back of my mind, too, though I've never done it. Maybe some day!

I can't believe how many colds/flu, etc you all had! So sorry!! And I can't believe you moved again on top of everything. No wonder you haven't been able to post!! Thanks for the update. Hope you're getting settled and all is going well. Sounds like lots of fun things while your friends were visiting!

Katie said...

I'm exhausted just thinking about all of that! My brother just barely moved up there from LA to start a job at Pixar. Now we have two good reasons to come visit!ca

Being Ausmus said...

OK I seriously LOVED this post. What a great sum up!!! Sorry you guys have been sick...somehow you made sickness sound funny/cute:)! Tell me all about the move girl!!! Pictures of the new place please:)!!!!
xo

paige said...

What a cute post! Loved it. I need to get out there and visit you. I love San Fran...when are you coming to Utah??? I'll be here all summer except for the 1st 2 weeks in August I'm going home. Hope I'll get to see you soon!!!