yes, you might all be in disbelief...
First, I am actually blogging more than once every 3 months...I know crazy. But Second and MOST important...I actually began a blog with the R word.
Running and me really haven't gone together very often in my 31 years. On my High School transcript is says that I did two track season's. A few of you know what I ACTUALLY did during those few months! I really did join to get in shape but I think after a day of running and realizing that I really didn't enjoy it anymore then previous attempts I definitely didn't give it my all. I mean I think the only record that I had was walking the longest backwards on the track when I had shin splints (exciting huh).
Well, Heidi's husband fixed the wheel of my double stroller so I could run with her (I plead that i was way way too slow and they both agreed she was..but really she had a baby a month ago...so I thought maybe I could keep up for a little while!) so...we decided to run to park group yesterday! I have all these really fun trails right by where we live and one leads right to the park we were meeting at. So off we went! She has three so Scott rode on his bike next to us. The first couple minutes went well....then we had one fall, then a second bad one, finally talked him into walking his bike...slowly got back on and we made it too the park, walking :)!
The kids (& mom's) had a great time! I have moved into such a great ward here! There are such great girls and the kids all get along and want to play forever, no matter the age!
Then of course it started to RAIN! So we got the kids and started jogging back. It went really well, a little wet and a little out of breath we made it back! Yea! I survived my first jog! I might actually get into shape some day...maybe...
(now I need to get used to bringing my camera so I can take pics if I'm going to blog!...I still need to upload the last couple months...baby steps right?)



3 comments:
At a girl Laura!!! You need to email me and tell me all about your new ward/house...how come you moved??? I feel sad that you're not in our old ward anymore...even though I'm not either...I just liked the idea of you all in the same place together. snif snif. Oh how I miss my Walnut Creek girls!!!
whoop whoop, go laura go!
You are awesome! You can TOTALLY do this! I have been running for the past 4 months or so and have really caught the passion. It really helps to have a buddy to help keep you motivated though. I would suggest signing up for a 5K or something that way you will have a goal to work toward. Just a suggestion! So I want to know where your living now? Next time your in UT we all need to have a little reunion... you, me, Sarah, and Becca. Lots of love... and keep on keeping on!
Post a Comment