Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday's park groups

One of the wonderful things about this ward when I moved in was at the same time Amy moved in and started "Park Group" so that that kids could play together and us mom's could get to know each other. It has been such a great thing for Harrison and I and now even Mckinley! Today it was supposed to be rainy (Rain again...where in the world is our spring?) so we went to the gym at the church. Harrison was off the a not so great start when he broke his "wiggle" car (how in the world?) so I had to drive back and get his scooter AND tricycle. But there ended up being a ton of kids, and thanks's to Maureen for bringing the big ones so that they kept all the kids busy by playing, chasing and watching the kids! Then the mom's had a great "mom's bubble" to chat, laugh and enjoy an adult conversation!

This is really the first time that Mckinley was playing like a big kid! She was walking around and trying to get on all the other kids bikes and having her own great time...wow it was so fun to let my kids actually both go and PLAY! (and have other people push her around!)


Running after Jonathan is my new favorite game for Harrison! What a way to get out all that extra jumping energy!

Then of course there is a dog pile at the end!

2 comments:

Katharine said...

Laura, We will be here on the 4th of July. Just let me know. I would love to see you! I was telling Sarah we need to have a little reunion. Also, I would be honored to take your family photos! Just let me know your plans. Can't wait to see you! K

Being Ausmus said...

Ok NO WAY is Mckinley already that big....NO WAY!!! Oh how I miss park day with my girls!!!