Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hiccups :(

peach-fuzz
I don't know if you can see this but I took this pic because if you look at the screen in the background, the blue number shows her o2 level and its 97 without any help (which is normal)!!  
Mckinley's going home!
Harrison's spaceships--it fun to see what he's thinking about through his play...
One of my friends has a daughter that had open heart surgery and she has been such a help preparing me for this, including letting us borrow her daughters onesies that have button's down the front!  I would have never realized how hard it is to get someone dressed if your supposed to not move their arms!!  We have to "scoop" her up with her bum and head--not pick up under her arms.

Binky--$2

Blanket--$20
Couch--$1000
Daddy and baby--sleeping--priceless :)!


Mckinley decided that through everything we're not all that bad and has been smiling and "talking" to us--though I really try not to let her talk because she gets the hiccups and that has been one thing that bothers her the most--it really hurts her chest and she gets the saddest frown and cries the whole time :(!!!  

We've been doing well at home, though I CAN'T WAIT to break free of this 1500 sqft sanctuary!!  

9 comments:

Jenny said...

oh my gosh cutest thing ever! i can't wait until we can see more of her and you guys too!

Tiff said...

Such expressive eyes! She is darling, and I am so glad she is doing well.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

i love the pic of baby and daddy asleep on the couch. those moments are priceless.

Rebecca said...

How can she already look so grown up? She's beautiful! Miss you so much. I am so glad that things are going well at home, though I am sure you're anxious to breathe a bit outside your home! Love you all!!! Thanks for the update. (and loved your rendition of 'priceless'...so cute!)

Being Ausmus said...

Loved your post. So so adorable!!! Miss you guys...can't wait to hang out!!!

John and SJ said...

Wow, she really is beautiful Laura!!! Seriously!

Sarah S said...

Mckinley is DARLING!! I think she looks like you when she smiles Laura. What a cute, cute baby. I'm glad she's doing well!

Unknown said...

I love the shot of Ryan and McKinley zonked on the couch!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures & the update! Thanks for keeping us up on how your in-home adventure is going. Why can't you move her arms? Hang in there and give all you adorable people squeezes from us!