Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Potty's and the BIG 3-0

Okay so first of all I AM SO PROUD OF HARRISON!  Today I off-handedly told him that he should try going potty on the BIG BOY potty like us!  And really I have been avoiding this...the only reason why I suggested it was because I had to go and I didn't want to leave Harrison in the room alone with Mckinley because he has a tendency to play Patty-Cake with her arms and we still aren't supposed to play with her arms yet...so a distraction I was intending.

Well, he said sure!  So I stopped and said  "oh...well, I guess we should" (thinking that he would have never taken me up on it).  But I had changed his diaper recently so I said we could try before bathtime (because he always goes pee right away anyway so might as well get it in the right spot you know?!).

Anyway, he's asked me to hold on to him "so he wouldn't fall in" :) so i'm sitting there making sure he's not going to spray me when he really doesn't go and he looks like he's really trying!!  Poor guy, I'm thinking, now he's concentrating too hard he won't go.  He finally does a little and I ask if he's done and he said he thinks so and stand up and WALLA!  He's gone poo!!!  I was totally impressed with him!  Anyway...TOO much info I know but any mother would be proud for going BOTH the FIRST TIME HE ACTUALLY TRIES!  

This is great, but I don't know if I'm ready for a full training yet...so I may be mean but I don't know if I'll suggest it for a little while longer, unless of course he asks then I will take him.  

ANYWAYS....for a totally different topic, I was thinking about Harrison's 3rd bday coming  up and that I should find some early pics to post for him when I found a bag of old pic of me growing up!  SO I HAD AN IDEA...

Since I hit the BIG 30 last month, and you guys have been WAY TOO NICE TO ME on my blog lately, and we all know it not true so I thought we would get back to REALITY and show what a nerd I really am and put up some random pics of me growing up-- AWKWARD AND ALL YEARS  GOOD AND BAD PICS (well mainly bad!)!!  And some of you knew me at all these different stages so I thought it would be fun for you too see.  AND I got quite a laugh myself!  So IF YOU COMMENT...YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE!

And here they are in RANDOM order (my scanner was being weird so some didn't work very well....)










12 comments:

Being Ausmus said...

Ha ha loved these!!!! Its shocking how much your babies look like you when you were a baby!!!! Ok so my very favorite picture is the one of you around 12 I'm guessing with all your hair scooped up over one shoulder...classic! What a hottie:)!!!

Jenny said...

i now know EXACTLY what harrison would look like as a girl! those are to funny, thanks for sharing!

Tiff said...

Since you don't want us to say anything nice, I was going to make fun of your bangs in some of those pictures. Then I realized that you probably have pictures of me with even crazier bangs, so I decided against that! Let's just say some of those old photos helped bring back some good memories!

Katie said...

Those bring back such memories:)! Even with the bangs, you are so beautiful and so is your mom- you guys have such lucky genes!

Bennett Family said...

sorry, i don't care what you say..you were gorgeous then, you are gorgeous now! :)

Thx for calling. i will call you back SOON!

Michelle said...

I refuse to say anything mean... However, I don't know what you are talking about, this is exactly how I remember you! ( You can interpret that how you will. :))

This does bring back so many memories. Do you realize we have know each other for 22 years? Even as I type it, I can't believe it.

Anyway- Happy belated birthday my very old twin! I really love this post.

Unknown said...

Laura - This is great! It was so much fun seeing those old pictures at your house while I was there...That's so exciting about Harrison going to the potty....Just give him a candy treat whenever he goes, and he'll always want to go on the potty and he'll be potty-trained! You'll love only having one in diapers!

browneyedgirl said...

"Nothing nice", are you kidding Laura? Then perhaps you should've met some meaner friends then! haha, I'm just very glad I'm not in ANY of them! I remember those awkward years, and do you recall Taco Bell. I think I've rarely laughed harder in my entire life!!! And go potty train Harrison, get on it, because diapers are expensive!

Anonymous said...

Oh the bangs! So beautiful. And the 80's shorts you and your brothers wore are so classic (of course Josh and I both had some when we were younger too). But my favorite is that Kennedy and Harrison are completely YOU! I have always thought this but now I have photographic evidence. So fun to see all those pics. Thanks for sharing! (And Happy Belated Birthday - shame on you for not telling me when it was!) :)

Sarah S said...

My earlier days were MUCH less cute than yours! I'm glad you posted those - they were fun to look at! And congrats on Harrison using the potty!! That's a BIG deal!!

Callie said...

so funny!!!! i love the bang/mullet look with the long hair too, how did you manage that? Your baby pictures looks just like Harrison! and congrats on the potty, you have an amazing kid to do both on the first try!

Shannon said...

Okay, so totally cute! I swear you had put Harrison in the blue dress! How crazy...looks just like you (and that is a compliment)! Your Mckinley is beautiful and we think about you guys often!