Friday, June 13, 2008

KENNEDY'S ANGEL DAY

So here we are again. It is June 14th for the 3rd time for me. I know I have gone through 29 of them but really in my memory there are only 3. Three years ago today, I was holding my daughter for the last time on this earth.

These are the last living pictures that we have of her, taken 2 days before.
These are pictures of her headstone when we got it put in for the first time (on her birthday 2005). I don't know if anyone is interesting on seeing this, some people may think morbid, but for me this is comfort. Since I am not able to be there this year I am glad that I have pictures. And that I will have other things there and people so it won't look forgotten, she will feel missed. You see her playful cat, her conversing with her bird and then on the back it reads...

Dancing, music playing
Eyes bright shining within

Walking, face enchanting
Laughing though her pain

Fighting, now peaceful
Love surrounds her in our arms

Feet forward
Gone for a moment

Angel of mine,
Now she is home.

Thank you everyone, we couldn't have done it without you.

16 comments:

The Bobos said...

Dear Laura,

My heart goes out to you today and all days. I hope you know how much I admire you and your strength. You are wonderful!

Love, Jenni

paige said...

We will always remember Kennedy's sweet smile and amazing personality. I'm glad you posted the pictures, especially the ones of her...life is so precious and you're right, there are no ordinary moments.

We miss you guys so much!

JENNIFRO said...

Dear Laura,

I've been thinking about you all week. My heart aches for all you have been through. I can only hope and pray that you and Ryan are feeling peaceful and comforted at this time. Please know my prayers are with you and that I admire you so much for your faith, strength and unbelievable example. You have touched so many for good. Bless you all.

Love,
Jennifer

Rebecca said...

We love you Kennedy. We miss you so much!!

Laura & Ryan, we're sending extra prayers your way right now. Love you both so much. Thank you for sharing your pictures and memories of Kennedy. Her huge influence for good and strength continues to touch so many lives.

Callie said...

You are such a strong person! Thanks for sharing your pictures, its always good to see them.

Sarah S said...

I'm tearing up looking at those pictures Laura. I hope your angel day is full of peace and comfort and some sweetness as you remember Kennedy. I'm glad you posted on this today.

Katharine said...

Your in our thoughts and prayers always! We love you guys!

Clair said...

It never fails whenever I think about this ... and now to read about it ... that it brings tears to my eyes. You are such an incredible mother and person in so many ways. I don't think there is any trial harder in life that one could be asked to endure than to lose a child and you handle it with such strength and faith. You are an example to us all. Kennedy is watching over your family and happily waiting for the day she will see you again.

Little Sweethearts said...

Hello,

I found your blog through Sarah Jane's and just wanted to say how sorry I am that your family had to go through this. No parent should ever have to.

I think your blog header really says it all: there are no ordinary moments. So true, yet we tend to forget.

Tania

elizabeth said...

Hi Laura, I am thinking about you all, you're in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

elizabeth said...

p.s. this is Liz Crane, in case you don't know my married name.

Jacy said...

Laura, you are truly one of the most amazing women I have ever met. The fact that you are just able to get out of bed every day after losing a child is an amazing feat, but even more so that you go above and beyond and are such a wonderful person and mom with an amazing attitude-- you are honestly an inspiration to me. I have thought about you a LOT over the past year and a half since I had Libby. I had sympathy for you at the time, but since I didn't have children of my own, I really had no idea. And while I'm sure I still have no idea what it's like, I have thought often about the strength and courage you must have, since I just couldn't imagine going through what you have. I look at Libby and my heart aches for you. Even though I only met Kennedy briefly when she was just a few weeks old, I miss her, too. You can see what a bright spirit she had in her pictures and in your stories about her. You are incredible. Thanks for sharing your pictures and experiences.

Bennett Family said...

Laura, You are a pillar of strength. You are in our hearts and prayers.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Just read all your blogs back to April and am thrilled for the success in San Francisco, empathetic about figuring out the public transportation system in San Fran, frustrated on your behalf about the volvo, amazed that you steadied all your gear & Harrison by yourself in S.F. and am in awe of your generosity, love, strength and courage surrounding Kennedy and the heart-filled emotions about her you carry around each day. Thank you for posting those last pictures of her and the poem on her grave. I admire you and love you! Have a great time in Walnut Creek - you all deserve it! :)

Jen Savage

dersley said...

Laura,

I love seeing the last pictures you have with Kennedy and the sweet poem on her grave. Thank you for sharing and for the reminder of how precious each moment is. My heart goes out to you as I have no idea how you are able to face each day missing her as much as you must. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Jennifer Allen

Saun and Wes said...

Hi Laura and Ryan, This is Saundra Nye-from Grandview-remember? Anyway, I got your blog off of Callie Condie's. I loved seeing this post. Kennedy is so special. She is such a sweetheart. Thank you for posting these pictures. It is nice to see pics of your family. I hope you guys are doing well. San Francisco sounds like fun. Your little boy is a cutie. I love his blonde hair. Good luck in Cali!