No, I'm not pregnant again but I forgot to do the everymonth pic as usual, so when I was adding these other pics, I saw my night before delivery pic and thought I'd through that out there since I forgot since 21 weeks! Also, This is a pic of one of my greatest friends that I grew up with that was able to come and help me with labor. She has been there for both my girls deliveries and it has been amazing to have her there. She is a doula and lives in Utah (you lucky Utah people :)) and I couldn't have gotten through without her wonderful help! Thanks Becca! She even suffered through a night of no sleep on the chair/bed thing that is slightly better than the floor!





Since we couldn't go to church I wasn't able to get any cute dressed up pics...later...here are a couple of the egg decor and hunt...


...and eat!
Pre-surgery pic...i'm going to have a hard time with that scar I think...
What do you do at home 24/7? you build a boat and pretend sharks are coming around growling at you so you run "super fast" around and then run in the boat (this is Harrison's new favorite game, from the world of a 2 yr. old).
Mckinley has reached her limit. We have been home for a month and each week her oxygen level has dropped a little bit, which has been expected, we just didn't know when. She is scheduled for surgery this coming Tues., April 21, at 730am. I went this past tues. for her pre-op visit and was there for 7 hours getting lab work, x-ray, meeting with cardiologist, surgeon, cardio nurse, anest. nurse, child life, weighed, measured...all to prepare for this coming week. It was a hard day and had to fight back tears a few times to be honest throughout the day. Part was thinking of Kennedy, part was realizing that this was really happening and part was watching Mckinley turn blue and crying so hard she basically couldn't move for a while later due to no energy and not enough O2 (oxygen) after a horrible blood draw session!
But she needs it so it will be nice to finally be able to not worry and check her coloring everyday and be able to show off my beautiful girl :)! Her O2 is mainly in the 80s now which isn't great but okay. We actually almost admitted her today because yesterday her O2 were mainly in the 70s which is really not good, because she woke up in the middle of the night Wedn. with a stuffy nose (she just doesn't have any O2 reserve so anything could bother her). I couldn't believe it and was so worried...we've tried so hard for her not to get sick. I prayed all night and yesterday and the congestion started coming and going so the cardiologist wanted to wait the night to see how she did in the morning and her nose seemed better and her sats were back up so we are still at home. She is stuffy again but I'm hoping it might be a sensitivity to milk--like my other two kids--and not a cold because then she would need to be admitted but push the surgery later when she really needs it now.
So anyway...too much info as usual but letting you know whats happening right now. We are going to have a family fast Tues. during the surgery and we know that the surgeon will be the instrument in the Lord's hands. I will post about the surgery and how it goes. All your prayers have been a wonderful blessing, thank you.



13 comments:
Oh dear Laura, you are wonder-woman: from watching Mckinley night & day while playing boats & sharks, to enduring the pokes & pricks of surgery prep, not to mention the surgery itself!! We will put your names in the temple today and fast with you on Tuesday, and of course we've been praying all the way along. We LOVE YOU! Josh & Jen
Oh man, I know that watching those oxygen levels is hard, and all the blood work, no fun. So worrisome! Hang in there.
I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday! (Still nursing Bella, so I don't fast yet :) Mckinley is so adorable--SO happy to hear her chromosomes are normal!!
You are simply amazing to me. We will be praying and fasting with you as well. You are an incredible Mom. Your kids are so lucky to have you.
I need to call you back! The pictures of the two kids together are so cute, Harrison looks like a proud big brother and that they really love each other :)
Best wishes for Tuesday! Of course we will continue to be thinking and praying for Mckinley, the doctors, and the rest of your family!
Oh yeah, I was also going to say something about Harrison's plastic egg and jelly bean picture...Like mother, like son! Haha :) That made me laugh!
Hey Laura! We will definitely keep you all in our prayers. Don't worry about the scar. That was a big concern for me and honestly it is not an issue AT ALL. It barely even shows up. No one ever notices. Call me if you need to talk about anything or even see pictures!!!
425-432-3782
xoxo
Oh Laura! Your little babies are adorable! That little Harrison is getting so big! And McKinley looks just like Kennedy at that age! I am praying for your family and will be fasting with you as well!
Love ya- Heather
I will be praying for you and fasting with you as well! Hang in there!
Oh Laura...so NOT too much information!!! You are incredible. Harrison is so adorable and Mckinley beautiful. I'll be constantly checking your blog waiting for updates. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys big time! xo
Shoot, I read this too late to join in on the fast, but I'm praying!! Love you all.
Hi Laura & Ryan,
We've been thinking, fasting, and praying for you all day. Can't wait to hear how Mckinley is doing.
The scar thing isn't too bad or not as bad as I thought it would be. It is kind of a cool scar. I was looking at Charity's today and thought "I hope they don't take that from her when she is resurrected because it says so much about who she is and how special she is."
We are happy the Lord has blessed you with a positive outlook on everything. You are remarkable people and we love you! Thanks for your inspiring words and you're pictures are all so precious!
John & Susan Biery
Laura, I loved being with you and seeing sweet Mckinley enter this world with her amazing spirit. Thanks for giving me the opportunity.
Post a Comment