Yesterday she really slept most the day and we needed to wake her up to eat, which is totally unlike her so it made me a little more nervous. But I stayed the night and she started to wake up and we took off the O2 and she did fine! So this morning she started to eat more and wake up more and is acting like herself again. I guess her body finally realized that she needed to rest from her surgery. She still has her chest tube and art. line and fem. line (checking pressures) but the other IVs stopped working so they will have to put another IV in and she has bruises and marks all over from their attempts before so that will be a little rough. She is still doing really well and they moved her to the Anex of the PICU today since she is doing so well! We are heading back to see her and meet with the cardiologist staff to learn how to do her dressing changes and other care for bringing her home so we can start here at the hospital to be ready for when she comes home. Thanks for all the well wishing!! Love you all!!
End of August
1 week ago



8 comments:
I'm sooo happy for you...I get choked up reading your blog. You are blessed, but dang-it...you guys deserve it! She is beautiful and I can't help but think she has her angel sister helping her along. Love, hugs and happiness!!
YEAH!!!! I'm so glad that things are going smoothly. Do you know when you can bring her home yet?
Oh what a beautiful girl! Congratulations. So glad to hear the surgery went well. She is so strong, healthy and beautiful! Love, wishes and prayers!
Corless (Maureen)
I'm so glad everything has gone well!! Thank you for the updates - we will continue to keep your family in our prayers.
I think it is a great sign that her heart is doing well enough to let her restfully sleep. So many kiddos heart & respiratory rates go full throttle after surgery because it doesn't know how to react to the trauma. She is doing so well and we know all the prayers are helping you ALL through this. She'll start eating and smiling back real soon. You'll be surprised.
You guys are so blessed to have an adorable, beautiful little girl. She couldn't have been born to better parents! I mean that. I think the best of both you and Ryan.
Please wrap her with love from us in some of Charity's front button onsies. I'd love to see the little sweetheart in them. I can't believe you can dress her already! With so many lines removed so fast, amazing!
We'll keep praying for her recovery. Please give her a kiss from us! And take care of yourselves. Accept all the help you can right now because I know it is an exhausting time. Love ya, John & Susan
I am thrilled to hear you are all doing so well! You have been in our thoughts and prayers daily and it is amazing to see those prayers answered!! You are both remarkable parents and your children are blessed to have you :) Keep hanging in there! We love you!
What a little trooper. I'm so so happy for you all. You're an amazing mom Laura, so strong, thats where little Mckinley must get it:)! Can't wait till she's home and recovered enough so I can snuggle her:)!
xo
PS miss you!!!
Yeah! Congrats! What a miracle and blessing!
Post a Comment