Tuesday, October 19, 2010

continued...Beach

So yes, it is the middle of October but I am determined to catch up! So back to the beach. The Outerbanks off of North Carolina is a place my family goes during spring break but we have never gone during the summer when it is actually warm...and it was WONDERFUL! We all got together to see my brother who came off his mission and spend some R&R together! We were there for a week and had such a blast together!

Occasionally Daddy would forget that we were supposed to be relaxing and work a little but Mckinley always tried to remind him why we were there...she'd sit right on his chest and not move...
give a few kisses...
and keep him smiling!
Sometimes we would sit around and chat (or it looks like everyone is on some type of electronic device...geesh...maybe next time I should hide those!)
We enjoyed our first little cousin James!! We decided he looks like the cute baby on the old time campbell soup commercials....loves those eyes!
My little baby brother turned 17!!! I can't believe that he is a Senior now! And what is really crazy is that he was only 5 when we got married!!!
The weather was wonderful, except one day it rained...but it was still so warm that didn't stop anyone! There was a pool size for everyone so we went to the pool while it rained.




We played some BBall at night...have to do that will all the boys together!
watched a beautiful sunset
played at the park while the boys were playing.
And Oh, yeah...we PLAYED AT THE BEACH!
It was quite a hit! We played with countless sand toys, built lots of mountains (though we were really shooting for a castle...)
Made little pools of water

tried to get a picture of Mckinley with the sunglasses ON.
found lots of shells (which was a MUST to bring home...every single one of them...)
relaxed in the shade
Had lots of sandy feet
boogie boarded, which was so fun since I hadn't done it in years!! It was so fun to have the water warm! Usually when we go during spring break the water is freezing, but it was wonderful!
Even Mckinley loved the water! I would run back and forth and back and forth with Harrison every day jumping the waves, and he was in heaven. It wasn't until a couple days before we left that I tried with Mckinley and she never wanted me to stop! We ran back and forth and she just laughed and laughed! When my back was about to break I would stop and let her hands go and she would run right back in, so I'd have to go save her and take her back again!


Most of the time my brothers were taking pics, since mine is so big, so I need to get those from them but we also went para sailing, jet skiing, played games, watched movies, played wall-e-ball, took naps, and ate lots and lots of food/candy/cookies/ice cream/popsicles (and if you know my family, you know that the amount of those items consumed are listed from least to greatest!)

0 comments: