Mckinley Linton
March 6, 2009
7 lbs. 4 oz., 20 in.






Mckinley came on Friday, March 6. It was my longest labor yet, due to the induction, but after I let my doctor break my water at 4:05 pm I went from a 4-10cm and she was born at 4:50! She did incredible! The neonatologist, the respiratory therapist and NICU nurse were there and she amazed all of them by pinking up so fast that I even got to hold her for a few minutes before they took her to the NICU! She had her Echocardiogram done and she looked okay enough that after a couple hours they let me go in and nurse her! Things were going really well till the new shift came on and found I had a cold (which I told the other shift...) and I wasn't aloud to see her anymore incase I got her sick. I was so sad but I didn't want her sick either. So I started pumping milk. She stayed there at that hospital till Monday, when they did another Echo and decided that she needed surgery sooner so that transported her to Children's hospital Oakland (I was finally able to see her monday!). Then Tues. all the ped. cardiologist and the surgeon meet and decided to wait and see a few days more. So then we thought she could go home on the following Monday. Well, then they did another Echo Friday and put her on the schedule for surgery this Tues (march 17). But now she still looks so good they are doing ANOTHER echo Monday and bringing it to the Cardiology group again tues morning adn they will decide then if she has surgery that afternoon, or if she gets to finally come home!
So, what the hard part is, is that her Echo does not look very good, it looks like she really needs surgery and she isn't getting the oxygen that she needs. But then if you look at HER she is pink (with a little bluish hands and feet sometimes) and has oxygen saturations in the 90's (normal) almost all the time! So they just don't know what to do. On cardiologist said that "she will tell us what we need to do" so I think that she will. I am just praying that the doctors will be lead to the right decision for her that she will get the best outcome and the surgery will go the best. So wether it's this Tues, or a few months from now, she will be taken care of!
Thank you all so much for all of your congrats, thoughts and prayers!



17 comments:
Laura,
I am so happy for you guys!! She is so beautiful!! I love that name!! we must have similar name tastes since I know we both loved Kennedy too :)
I am so relieved that she did okay at delivery-we will keep her and her doctors in our prayers that they will come to the decision that will be best for her in the long run. Keep us updated!!
She is so cute! She sounds like such a strong girl! We will definitely keep your family in our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys. Keep us posted!
Oh, she is so beautiful! What a roller coaster you have been on! I know all that stuff is so hard to deal with. I'm praying for you.
Laura,
She is beautiful! I am praying for you, Mckinley, and the doctors. Everything will work out. Hang in there!
I love those pictures!!! She is precious! I hope you get some answers/peace of mind soon. Hugs!
She is just beautiful Laura. Congratulations to both of you and Harrison too! It sound like she has great doctors. We will pray so hard!
Oh What a DARLING!! She is so beautiful and full of life and color and Josh and I think she has a Ryan look to her. We have been and will continue to pray for you and will look to the blog for updates. Thanks for keeping us posted and know of our love and admiration! - Josh and Jen Savage
Hi Laura, I found your blog through Jenny Heyman's. I am so glad that you updated with pictures! It's so good to see your new little one. I agree with the comment above mine, McKinley looks just like Ryan! I guess that's fair... Harrison looks just like you! :)
I am so glad that she is doing so well! What a wonderful miracle.
I loved the pictures. There is nothing so precious as a new born and I must say her coloring is good. We will continue to fast and pray for little Mckinley and await good news.
Laura- I just snuck over to your blog from Becca's and wow, a DARLING new baby! I LOVE the second picture especially. She is just precious. We will add our prayers. Congratulations to you and your sweet family!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Parker had open heart 5 years ago and did great. He was the same as a newborn-pink and plump, but often had bluish hands/feet. Love you guys! Hang in there.
xoxo
What a stressful but happy time - Mckinley is just darling and I will be anxious to hear what happens with her heart. I hope you're feeling well Laura - congratulations on the new addition and good luck with the big decisions.
What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations! We are thinking about you guys and praying for you. You are so strong wheither you know it or not. I feel lucky to know you. We are hoping the best for you and your family.
Congratulations! She looks so amazing!
She is BEAUTIFUL! I love her name! I am so glad her delivery went well and you were able to see her right away. She sounds like she is such a strong little girl. Please know that we are praying for you and your family. I hope everything goes well with whatever the Dr's decide. Love ya!
She is beautiful Laura! I am so glad that she is home now. Give a call if you need anything.
Laura,
Congrats on a beautiful baby! We pray that things will go well as she continues to grow and get stronger.
Post a Comment