Friday, March 20, 2009

We're home!!

We made it home!!!  After the cardiologists looked at her last echo they sent  us home!!!  We feel so blessed.  They did the echo cardiogram on Monday and her heart and lungs had finally stabilized.  The pressures were the same as the friday one and so the changes after birth had finally happened.  So since the heart and lungs were stable and she was still pink, and o2 sats were still in the high 90's they were able to send us home. 


I kept wondering why they were having such a hard decision when she was looking so good, but one of the cardiologists said that her heart didn't look good--that is looked like she needed surgery,  but then you look at her and she just looked great.  So they were waiting for her to suddenly go downhill like her heart looked.  But she never did!!  So I just want you to know that fasting, prayers and blessings sure do work--so we can have the time for her to mature and get bigger so that the surgery has the best possible outcome!!  

They are watching us closely--the home health nurse came Wed., we saw the Cardiologist again thurs. and then we saw the pediatrician today.  They all said she looked good!  So we are taking it a week at a time.  When her o2 sats are in the mid 90's they will watch us closer and when they are in the low 90's high 80's she will go in for surgery.  So we are hoping she can wait for 2-4 months!  

In the meantime we need to fatten her up and not get her sick!  She loves to eat (unlike EITHER of my other kids) so hopefully that will be easy but the not getting sick part is going to be hard.  I can't take her in crowds or inside  a lot of places, but we can go on walks and parks when the weather is nice.  So church sounds like its out for a little while and it will be really hard on Harrison if he can't see his friends during the week--but these months will go by and she will have surgery and then recover and then be a healthy little girl!  I am looking forward to those days !!  

Thanks again for all your love!

14 comments:

Laurie said...

Yay! I'm so glad that everything is going well. Sounds like you have been through alot!

The Alleman Family said...

I am so glad she is doing so well! How fun to have a sweet new baby at home!

Sarah S said...

Hooray!! Even with the restrictions/not being able to take her places, it's so much nicer to be at home rather than hospital. I'm SO happy for you! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Katharine said...

That is fantastic news! We have been praying hard for little McKinley. I am so glad you get to have her home and in your arms again! Harrison won't even remember this time looking back. It will be some good family bonding time. Love you all!

cynthia said...

We like good news! I'm glad she is a strong little fighter. I hope you have some fun family time over the next few weeks, and get to enjoy being home and together for a while!

Rebecca said...

Hooray! So glad that you are all home together! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Love you all so much!!!

Bennett Family said...

HOORAY! Keepin gyou in our prayers! I remember the cabin fever of trying not to get sick, but it was ALL WORTH IT!!!

Lisa said...

Oh, YEAH! I am so glad you guys are able to be home. We will keep praying that she's able to get really big and strong before she has to go into surgery. I hope you guys have fun just being home together.

Katie said...

I'm so glad Laura! I wish I lived close so I could come and pick Harrison up for playdates. I know you know how important it is to take care of yourself so you can stay healthy too:). We have been praying and will keep doing it!

Tiff said...

I am so glad she is home! We are praying for you!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news for an amazing family so deserving of a break! I hope the time cloistered at home is simply magical. I'm so glad she's an eater and that she looks as good on the inside as she does on the outside. What a total punkin (a punkin is an adorable person you just have to hug & McKinley is definitely in the club!) All the best to you dear people. :) - Jen & Josh

Charesa said...

Thanks for the update Laura! It must be nice to have her at home too!

Being Ausmus said...

Thinking of you and praying everyday:)! She's so gorgeous Laura!!!

Callie said...

so fun that she is home! she is so adorable! i'm keeping you in my prayers!