Saturday, May 3, 2008

San Francisco here we come...with a few extra bumps!



So no, these pictures aren't because I have suddenly grown a soft spot in my heart for bridges. Just thought I would give you a small taste of where we are offically moving! Ryan has accepted a job in San Francisco California!! Okay, so we live in Provo for eight years and finally make the move to Dallas and now here we are a year later going to San Fran! Here a few more:


So, I consider myself from the East, who has lived in multiple place in the midwest, am getting a little nervous for this big step to Calfornia...and not only Cali but San Francisco! Craziness! Everyone who has ever been there is telling me it is the most beautiful city, had so much culture and so much to do so I am excited just getting nervous...well really not looking forward to PACK ALL THOSE BOXES AGAIN! And trying to find a place, find new doctors, get to know a whole new area, a new ward, new people...wow a lot to get used to but I guess didn't grow up moving couple of years in the military for no reason right?!

And to top it off, or should I say getting this wonderful adventure started out "right" on our way today, to visit family before I drop Ryan off at the airport to go and meet his new team this beautiful picture...happens!
Yup! That WAS my beautiful volvo! Some guy decided to pull onto and drive on the WRONG side of the road, right in front of the truck in front of us who slams on his brakes which inturn (this would make a great physics lesson wouldn't you say...newton's laws in action) makes Ryan slam on our breaks but...just not quite enough time eh?! But amazingly through a wonderfully nice witness and police and insureance company and family, Ryan got to the airport intime and I got a rental car since OF COURSE our other car was picked up this morning and is heading on it way to San Francisco, right?! And hey, we are all okay, but just for future reference--we bought the volvo because of its great saftey features and you would think that a car that looks like this in the front SHOULD have had the air bags deployed? Well, they didn't. We didn't need them but it would have been nice for a little extra saftey huh?!

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh no! I am glad you guys are okay, but I am so so sorry! What can I do to help?

browneyedgirl said...

So excited for your move so I can come and visit! :) Yeah too bad about your car, glad you are all okay. Car accidents are annoying!

The Alleman Family said...

I can't believe your moving again! Sorry to hear about the car accident- glad to see that eveyone was ok. I miss chatting with you and catching up. Good luck on the move.

Bennett Family said...

we bought TWO volvo's for the very same reason! oops!

congrats on the move! maybe we can actually see you sometime now!

when are you movign to seattle? :)

Melanie said...

Laura-
How crazy!!! It is definitely not fun to move- just the whole process is so tiring. But I am glad that you will be close again. We can totally hang out. So do you know where you are going to look for places? Actually in the city or out in the suburbs??

Shannon said...

What job is in San Fran? Kyle gets to San Jose a lot, mabye he and Ryan can see each other a little! Glad all is well with everyone after the wreck...yikes!

browneyedgirl said...

Also nice playlist!

Jacy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your car accident. I'm glad everyone's safe, but it's still such a bummer!
San Francisco will be awesome!! I've never lived there myself, but my family used to go there all the time on vacation. Brian applied to dental school there, and after we visited for his interview, I liked it even more. Moving is a pain, but once you're there I'm sure you'll love it. Good luck!

Sarah S said...

Crazy! That's a lot of news in one blog post. Where in San Fran will you be? Ben is from Fremont (East Bay, in between San Fran and Oakland), so we go out there usually about once a year.

I love California! You really can't beat the weather. The traffic is another thing, but hopefully you can avoid that! You'll have to post more details soon.

Good luck with your car situation...

paige said...

Good luck in San Francisco!!! I guess you'll be a little closer to Utah now, so that's a huge plus in my book. Can't wait to hear more about your move. Hope all goes well and sorry about the car accident. that just ruins your day, huh? Love ya!!!

Callie said...

that is crazy! you're moving! when do you leave? it sounds pretty soon? and your poor car, speaking from experience, air bags are not as "safe as they seem, mine went off and it broke my hand, the only injury i had! I am jealous about san fran! that will be so fun for you!!!!

Rian Krommenhoek said...

So sorry about the car, but so excite about San Fran. Sid has been there twice in the last two weeks for work and we are planning a trip there in the fall! Good luck with packing up again. A wonderful adventure awaits you! See you this fall.

Rebecca said...

Laura,
A car accident?! Ahh! I am so sorry. That is so stressful! I hope things go as easily as possible with getting all the after-the-event details sorted. The pics of San Francisco are just beautiful! What's the timeline looking like? Glad you had some time with Ryan before he headed out there!

Clair said...

Oh dang! We were going to be in Dallas for Thanksgiving and I was going to give ya a call to see if I could stop by and see you and get to meet your little boy.

Of all the places to move, San Fran has to be one of the coolest! I have a friend who lives in Livermore and they go into the city all the time with her two kiddos and ride the Bart...it's definitely safer than here in Atlanta :)

You are going to have a million and one things to do and see. Lucky, lucky girl! :) Good luck with the move and glad no one was hurt during the accident! xoxo

jessamyn said...

That's so exciting that you're living in San Francisco now! What a beautiful city! Just thought I would say hi :)

Bennett Family said...

are YOU the Ryan that commented on my BLOG that is also a FIFE?