This weekend my Mom, Grandma and Uncle Layne flew in to Dallas so they could see where we lived and then we all drove down to Houston to go to my cousin's wedding. Though I feel bad that they had to endure a 5 hour car ride to get there I am glad that they came and to see us in Dallas and the road trip was fun (Harrison survived anyway!). I actually let him face forward for the first time! Yes, he is 21 months old but he finally reached 20 lbs. a month or so ago and I just haven't switched him because it is safer rear facing so--this was a treat for him (he had no idea that I was still torturing him by having him stare at the back seat!). This a pic of my Mom and I at the Houston temple. Lindi, Ryan's sis, lives in Houston so she was so great and drove to the temple, took him to a park with her boys and drove him back when we were done! Thanks SO much Lindi! He had so much fun!! He didn't even say good-bye once I got him in the car and he saw his four cousins!!
End of August
1 week ago



6 comments:
How fun that you had a road trip! I'm glad Harrison survived - I don't know how Eli would do on a 5-hour car ride... (he can barely make it on a 40-minute car ride!) the picture of you and your mom is so cute.
Sounds fun. I love it when family comes to visit us. Your Harrison is a good sport. Last summer we drove cross country with our kids, and honestly they are just barely starting to tolerate the car again.
Good luck with the new job. You are always great at everything you do. Ryan is lucky to have such a good employee!
Jen Allen
i love the picture of you and your mom. you are gorgeous! (so's your momma!). sounds like you got to go on a fun car trip--way to go Harrison!
hey guys! we found you on the corless' blog! we have thought about and prayed for your family for years. its so nice to finally get caught up. congrats on your handsome little boy. i loved your tribute post to your beautiful little angel kennedy. my heart goes out to you and i admire your strength and courage. keep in touch! ps...mind if i add you to my blog roll?
Laura
I hope you find this message and remember who I am, I think about you often and wonder how you and your hubby are doing. I have been touched by your words. I hope that you and I will be able to stay in touch and I hope that this little line finds you and your sweet family doing well!
-An Old BYU Friend
Traci Smith
Traci--i don't know if you will find this, i am getting your comment so late but How can I get a hold of you?? How are you doing, of course I remember you!! I hope that all is well with you guys!! I tried to see if you have a blog but it is private but I saw that you have three kids!! That is so awesome!! I remember when we all (you me and maggie) got pregnant at the same time! good memories!! Let me know what your email address is!
Post a Comment