Today is a start; Today is new
Yet today I am sad it is true
For two lived to yesterday but only one lives today
My son will run and jump and play
On the 20th month and on the 20th day
I guess that is okay, for one day my daughter
Will do the same
When she reaches her 20th month and 20th day
You see when your first child only lived to 20 months and 19 days, each minute, each hour today is a new beginning and a sad ending.
What will happen that is unique? What books will we read? What colors are the butterflies that we chase? Will he choose the hotdogs or the mac and cheese? How soft is the blanket as he takes his nap? What will he smile at? Why will he laugh?
What will she miss?
Well I guess you could say, nothing important. Because I know that she will grow up, that she will be given her own time. But she will be able to grow up without all that we have to worry about today. So really it’s not what she will miss but...
Can we handle missing her?
I hope so. We hope and pray that you are happy Kennedy and we miss you but I know you will have your 20th month and 20th day and I am doing all I can so that I can be there to see it!
End of August
1 week ago



11 comments:
Laura, that is just so beautiful! I have been thinking about you for the past 48 hours, and Can't wait to call you tomorrow. We have so much to talk about!!! I am so glad that you have a blog. I think you will find it very theraputic...something about putting words in a place that you know others have the potential to see. I love you. I am proud of you. You are one of the BRAVEST people I know. I love Kennedy AND harrison, and am looking forward to this new road ahead of you. I love you!!!
Hi! I'm so glad you have a blog! I have been thinking about you SO MUCH since I had my daughter. I keep thinking, "HOW did Laura do that??" I just can't imagine life without Libby, as I'm sure you can't imagine life without Kennedy, even now. Your words are so beautiful. You are such an inspiring mom!
Laura,
Thank you for sharing what is in your heart and by so doing touching mine. I never realized how many things can remind you of a loved one. Dates, smells, places, people, sounds, things...... I know this is a good thing because it keeps Kennedy's memory alive. Her life needs to be remembered and shared. Thank you for what you wrote. It helps us to understand and be more compassionate. And it helps us feel gratitude for such a special little girl!
Susan Biery
Laura, Your words are so beautiful and your sentiments so eloquent. Thank you for sharing your heart and lives with us. We adore you all!
xoxo
Jen & family
Laura,
I am so glad you have a blog.I am actually in Dallas right now for a quick trip to visit my in-laws...they live in Frisco. Anyway,I wish we could see you guys...next trip I hope.I just wanted you to know that I was very touched by your post. I appreciate you sharing your words with everyone. You are an amazing source of strength. I am so excited to keep in touch with you.
I love you Laura. You are a beautiful poet. Thank you for sharing Kennedy with us. She and Harrison are both such special, amazing people. We love all of you so much!
Hi, Blogs are so nice because you get to share whats going on when peopel are so far away! Anyway, I loved your poem and all those pictures of Kennedy. its so nice to be able to remember her and all the memories. I think of you guys often, and hope you are doing well.
I would not say you are computer illiterate, i can't figure out how to meake my backdrop different, you will need to teach me a few tricks!
Laura,
I'm so glad I found your blog. I love the pictures of Kennedy and what you wrote. I miss you being here but hope that things are going well down in Texas. We are getting closer to graduating and moving away too. April 30th and we are out of here. I need to call you this week so we can catch up. love,
Melanie
Laura,
What a wonderful writer you are, and an even more wonderful mother! Kennedy and Harrison are so lucky to have you and Ryan as parents. I miss you all the time! So glad you started a blog!
Love,
Jill
Hi Laura! I saw your blog on my sitemeter and had to check it out. I think you are an amazing mom and will add your blog to my google reader so I can follow it!
What a touching entry! Thank you for sharing such a thought provoking experience! We love you all and miss you terribly. I wish we didn't have to be so far away!!
Post a Comment