Oh dear, I have again neglected this blog and will need to catch up again. I really don't know what to do with myself sometimes. I don't know how other's do all that they do but I realize that I am just not that talented or driven sometimes. I get lost and caught up with things...and really half the time I can't even tell what those things were. I really shouldn't be admitting all my shortcoming but its pretty apparent!
Today has been another day of mixed feelings and at the end of the day i wonder how the day has passed. I started the day in not a good mood and was then happily suprised when Ryan ran to the store before work to get balloons so we could do our ballon release before he went on his flight. The kids were so excited and they drew their pictures and we wrote our letters and on the balcony we went. It was a gorgeous sunny morning with no clouds in the sky. We let our balloons go and watched them as they went higher and higher and they were still crystal clear straight up in the sky. When we could see them no more Harrison asked if Heavenly Father had received them now. I hope so.
I received some calls from family and friends, wishing me well, knowing what a day it was. Later on I found on my door step some delicious cupcakes (which are almost all gone, eaten mostly by me I might add) from a dear friend in my ward (who I vt but I find she does more for me then I seem to end up doing for her!) remembering my little Kennedy, whom she never has met. Thank you.
While Mckinley slept I looked at pictures of Kennedy with Harrison and went through some things in her chest that I have here with me. I watched Harrison play with some of the toys and I still cringe slightly but I did enjoy that he and Mckinley when she woke were able to enjoy some of the things that Kennedy did. Later on we watched some little videos of Kennedy that the kids had never seen and that I hadnt' watched for a long time. Too long.
All of this made me sad but not in the way that it used to. I look at the pictures and I have forgotten little things. I listen to her laughing and have to stop to remember that sound. I pick up her toys and try to remember all that she did with it, realizing how young she was when she left. How little of life she knew. It has been six years since I have held her, which seems like a relatively short time but at the same time a lifetime ago. I was always scared of time. Time taking away my memories, my feelings, changing me. But time has come and gone, and is still here. So, I am not sad for her, but even in saying that I feel guilty sometimes. I am sad for what was and sad that I can smile now when I feel like I should just be sad. But I do know that that is not right. I am so happy for her.
I turned on some music later and I danced with the kids and smiled and thought that I need to do this more often. I used to. As I've grown I have become more selfish of my time when it should have been the other way around. The time was slipping away and the kids were put in bed. And again I look back on the day and the impatience, the love, the joy, the sadness, the frustrations, the laughter, the anger, the selfishness, the peace that I felt. So many mixed up emotions in a 24 hour day, it really could have been any day. But it wasn't. It was Kennedy's sixth angel day and she was my amazing little girl and someday I am going to know the person that she will become and she will remember the person that I am, good and bad, and I can't wait!




9 comments:
Every year when you write about these days I struggle with the words to write. I don't know what to say.. First off I can't believe it has been 6 years. Sometimes it seems like it has been an eternity and then there are times that it does not seem like it was that long ago. I have so many little memories of Kennedy that were shared during our little 2 hour hair sessions. The one I always think back to and laugh about is the violet jelly -I will never forget how purple you were when you came in that day! Every year I think about you and your incredible strengh and I imagine the amazing renunion that someday you are going to have with your little girl. Heavenly Father chose you and Ryan to be Kennedy's parents for a reason, and the way you honor and remember her each and every year. I miss you guys and hope everything is going well. Hopefully you will come up to utah this summer and we can catch up. Love ya!!
Like your friend above, I don't usually know what to say to these posts except that they are a beautiful tribute and that I want you to know there are people out there (besides you and Ryan) who will always remember Kennedy and who think about her still...
I'm sure she is always with you, your little guardian angel.
Every time I see these posts I wish I was a better friend that could keep track and remember to bring you something on these hard days. I can't even imagine the mix of emotions you must feel. You are someone I look up to and admire, and you are a wonderful mom and friend! Kennedy is a lucky little girl indeed.
Love you, Laura...
You are such a great mom, Laura! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and emotions-- they really inspire me to be a better mom, too. You are amazing. Truly.
Laura, I think your range of emotions seem exactly perfect and normal. I'm glad the day turned out okay and that you were able to so many of those sweet things.
Thinking about your experience with Kennedy makes my heart tighten and brings tears to my eyes. It never fails. You and Ryan are wonderful and I wish I lived closer so I could come over and give you a huge hug. Sending lots of love your way. So glad you were feeling peace this week.
Laura thank you so much for sharing your feelings. I think the traditions you've created for remembering Kennedy are so sweet and special. Love to your family!
This blog post makes me cry every year. You are so beautiful, Kennedy was so beautiful. I am so grateful for the peace that comes (even if sometimes only a little) that we will all be together forever. It warms my heart to think of the day that she'll run into your arms again. I'm going to squeeze my babies a little tighter tomorrow than I did today. Thank you Laura...you are amazing!!!
Post a Comment