Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Halloween

So this year was kind of hectic and we actually didn't carve our pumpkin till after Halloween was over but I put it here in hopes that I will get the order right next year. Harrison had fun getting out the seeds and choosing very unscary shapes for his friendly little pumpkin.



Mckinley didn't quite know what to think of it.
He enjoyed making funny faces though even if the pumpkin didn't. (well, it kind of looks like both did :)!)


Harrison was a knight in shinning armor this year! He told me months ago that is what he wanted to be and i kept waiting for him to change his mind but every time I asked it was the same answer. This has happened every year since he was two, so I guess he's a boy that makes up his mind and that is the way its going to be...I wish I was so decisive! Here he is at preschool at their Halloween party...he was singing Halloween songs for weeks!
So of course since he was going to be a knight...Daddy had to be one too!! I bought Harrison's costume but after looking on line at the cheap looking expensive costumes for Ryan I decided (finally 3 day before Halloween) to make our costumes! So here our both my knights in shinning armor...I think they make a great team!
The reason why I was so late decided what to make was due to Mckinely. Harrison really wanted her to be a princess. Well, I was afraid that she would want to be that every year, so I decided that she would make a very cute (and devious) dragon!! So I got the dragon costume and it was adorable, though she wouldn't keep on the hat of course. But then I got out the other costumes and saw the costume that I made for Kennedy before we found the tumor. I had amazingly finished it early (it must have been fate...). We found the tumor on October 26, 2004 so she was still in the hospital recovering from surgery on Halloween day...( I will find those pics...)
So I decided that since they are pretty close to the same age and almost the same size, I wanted Mckinley to wear it. So that means if Mckinley was going to be a butterfly, I would need to be the caterpillar!
I look ridiculous I know, but luckily I'm okay with that.
Mckinely stole Daddy's sword and would NOT give it up the whole night! So she ended up being a butterfly with an attitude, which isn't far from the mark!


This is the ward Trunk or Treat and the kids had a great time!

They where both sword fighting the whole time...you know maybe she won't ever want to be a princess...and that would be sad too...



6 comments:

Jenny said...

you look ridiculously AWESOME! i'm so glad you posted pictures because i didn't see you for long enough that night to appreciate how amazing they are! i'm impressed!

cynthia said...

Those. Are. All. Awesome! So fun, I'm very impressed!

Bennett Family said...

what a darling family - and YOU ARE TALENTED! i'm seriously so impressed.

AP said...

that is an awesome picture of ryan as a knight ;-) haha. nice job making costumes.

Being Ausmus said...

Laura, you don't look ridiculous you look AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe you made those...so so SOOOO talented!!!! I love that Mckinley got to wear Kennedy's costume. Somehow it makes Halloween go from fun to special just like that. Miss and love you girl!!!

Rebecca said...

Umm, your costumes are amazing! Can't believe you pulled all that off! And SO sweet that Mckinley is wearing Kennedy's costume. I have always loved that costume. You are amazing!