So not wanting to be depressing or anything I just wanted to share something. A good friend of ours passed away this week. She was Ryan's dad's receptionist as his dental office for the last 11 years and when I worked for his dad that year after Kennedy passed away she became a good friend who helped me a lot. Anyway, she went to the doctor this summer becasue she was feeling so tired, diagnosed with cancer, given 2-5 months to live two weeks ago and was gone in a week.
She was a wonderful person and I know where she is but it really makes you remember... We really need to make the most of what we have. The time that we have, the spills that we clean up, the noses that we wipe, the touch that we feel, the sticky fingers around our necks, the smells of yummy food cooking and the diapers that we change (well, maybe i won't miss THAT too much), the first sounds a baby makes or the first time they say "wuv you mommy", and even that rare moment that we actually get to spend alone with our husbands. Make the most of tomorrow because you'll never have it again!



6 comments:
well said Laura. We need to take in each moment of each day and cherish it! miss you!
That is so sad! I can never be reminded of those things enough. Thanks for reminding me.
beautiful, touching post. a GREAT reminder...thx!
Laura, I am SO sorry. I know that must be shocking and hard for you, Ryan, his family, and of course all her family and friends. Thank you for your beautiful thoughts. I'm thinking of you.
You should write a book, you are so eloquent with your words. Thanks for the reminder, and condolences to you both and to Ryan's parents. That is so tough.
Coreen asked me to get your address so she could send you a Christmas card. If you could email me that would be great audreylovesbrian@yahoo.com
Post a Comment