1. I just packed all these boxes! Too make all that work worth it they are going to stay boxes for a while!
2. We waited a couple days for our driver to get here with all our stuff. He gets here and says, "Well, here's the first half of your things." WHAT???!!!! "Um, sir, where is the OTHER HALF OF OUR THING??" "Oh, they didn't tell you?" "NO!" "Well it wouldn't all fit in my truck so the rest of your things are still in Texas, waiting for the other truck to fill and then it will get here." "Excuse me, Can I have a word with your manager? Do you mind calling him RIGHT NOW!!"
3. My mom flew out to help me unpack but since our WONDERFUL moving company still has HALF our things in Texas we pretty much get some kitchen boxes done and can't do anything more...since we had the bottom half of our table and not the top, the box spring but not the mattress, the crib mattress but not the crib, the bottom of the desk but not the top...SO PRETTY MUCH EVERY USELESS THING WE OWN---AND JUST HALF OF IT...great huh?
4. I call the dispatcher for the third time "So, Micheal, when do you think our truck will be here now?" "Oh, it just left, it will definitely be here before the weekend" "oh....well, it better be because our contract said it by Monday, so if not it will be a breach of contract right?!" "uh, right." The weekend comes around and what do you know, NO TRUCK. Monday morning, "So Micheal, our truck isn't here. It's monday." "Oh, yeah, you know that truck broke down and I luckily switched your stuff to another truck that just left. Great huh!" "Right...So Micheal you realize that this is a breach of contract don't you?" "Oh well, the other truck broke down....mumble mumble..." "OKAY MICHEAL, I AM NOT HAPPY!! WHERE IS MY STUFF RIGHT NOW AND WHAT NUMBER CAN MY LAWYER CALL!!?" "Oh well, I think it will leave tomorrow hopefully and get there this weekend." "OH REALLY, YOU JUST SAID IT JUST LEFT AND DO YOU MEAN THIS WEEKEND JUST LIKE YOU SAID LAST WEEKEND!!!" "There is nothing more I can do for you ma'am, sorry." I yelled for a few more minutes and then hung up, I really don't like them...
5. Sunday night our stuff finally makes it there (two weeks late). Yeah! Except what do you know, so many things are broken and the driver gets all the stuff in and says he's done and I ask, "so where is our TV?" "um..." "where is the top to our desk?" "umm..." "WHERE OUR LIKE 10 BOXES THAT I DON'T HAVE NUMBERS FOR???" "um..." really can he say anything else?? Nope. we are still missing so many things, sigh, I'm sick of yelling at people, really I like to be a nice person, but they are making it impossible!
6. I DO have a toddler at home.
7. I have to kill all the previous occupants (namely the ants that our hanging stubbornly around).
8. I'M REALLY REALLY TIRED because...
9. I'M SICK because....
10. YEP... Because I'M PREGNANT! Yes, we certainly ALWAYS choose the most opportune times (a bit sarcastic because no, I have never yet been able to choose a time when I get pregnant!). BUT don't get me wrong we are TOTALLY excited! I just wasn't planning on being a bump on a pickle when I was supposed to be unpacking so...basically I just didn't! They weren't going anywhere right? Well, neither was I! Well, i am actually now 17 weeks and I feel SO much better so guess what I am doing?!! I'M FINALLY UNPACKING!!



Ocean's eleven (the early years...)

Shawn's second reception in Utah.
A very fun and relaxing balloon ride with my family. It was beautiful!




Ocean's eleven (the early years...)
Shawn's second reception in Utah.
A very fun and relaxing balloon ride with my family. It was beautiful!



15 comments:
Laura, I am SO sorry about the moving chaos-as if it isn't stressful enough?! Did you ever get the rest of your stuff?
CONGRATS on your pregnancy! You look beautiful as always and what an ADORABLE baby boy you have!
First, CONGRATULATIONS!! Yes, the timing seems somewhat crazy, but that is so exciting to have another little one on the way. I'm so happy for you and glad you're starting to feel better!
Good luck unpacking. We are on our 4th apartment in 4 years of marriage, and I have a few boxes that I never even bothered unpacking 2 moves ago! And besides, having a toddler and being pregnant are probably the top 2 things in this world that could slow the process down. I hope you get the rest of your stuff soon. How infuriating!!
OH MAN! I hate moving companies. Ours was late too. And didn't you have trouble with your moving company last time when you moved from Provo? Congrats again on the pregnancy!
The whole moving thing STINKS! But, congrats on number 3! That's so exciting =) I'm sure Harrison will be the best big brother ever.
AHhhhhh@ Congratulations! What a fun way to post your pregnancy. Ok, maybe the moving story, not so fun, but it was entertaining. I can't believe the movers did that to you?!? I hope you got some compensation for all that! And, LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the pictures of Harrison in his Oceans Eleven suit! So cute!
So, when's your due date? Are you finding out what you're having? I'm very excited for you guys! Good luck with the continued unpacking!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That is soo exciting! You guys really don't have any ordinary moments do you? I'm sorry about your boxes-Crazy!
You're a trooper Laura! Harrison is so cute in the suit! Glad you were able to get the boxes all unpacked so your home feels like home. Can't wait to see you.
Oh Laura, lots of hugs are being sent your way! I'm SO sorry about the horrible moving company mess-ups, that is SO frustrating! So glad you are feeling better, and seriously, those pics of Harrison in that suit are FABULOUS! Miss you!
Congratulations!!! How fun. We're only 7 weeks apart. I agree that unpacking (and packing before that) when you're sick and pregnant is pretty much MISERABLE! I'm so glad you're feeling better and I hope everything goes quickly from here - with ant removal and getting your place organized and that you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! I'm so happy for you guys. Harrison is SO cute in that suit.
And that moving company sounds like the PITS!! You shouldn't pay them a penny.
Congratulations!!! that is so exciting! and I cant believe about your boxes.. do they replace the stuff for you? I can't picture you getting mad but i hope you did and you shuold sue!!! ugh, the joys of moving! well hope all is well!
WOOHOO!Congrats on the pregnancy! And what a cute "rico suave" Harrison :). He is getting so big! I'm thrilled for you & ya know...the boxes will not go anywhere. Get to them when you can. XOXOXO
Laura,
CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you. I'm glad you are feeling better. I hate first trimester and going through a move while you are pregnant is no fun. Especially with the chaos you've had. HOw frustrating!!!
Hooray, hooray for baby #3! I am soooo excited for you. Will you find out what it is soon? Will this baby be named after a U.S. President? Just please don't name her Hilary if she is a girl (hee-hee!) Sorry the move has been so rotten. If you need someone to chew out your movers, let me know -- I can be really mean on the phone.
so I am so excited about the baby but feel so terrible about the crazy run around you've been getting with the moving company...especially while pregnant. I think you should call Dogg the Bounty Hunter for a little throw drown help.
Post a Comment