Thursday, October 1, 2009

when my family came to visit...

So hopefully this is the last of my summer pics...My family flew out in August to visit San Fran with us. It was so fun! It was my parents and my youngest and my oldest brother. On Monday and Tues. we went into San Fran all day. They saw peir 39, alcatraz, fisherman's warf, a meseum, trolley ride, ww II ship and sub, a bus tour all around the city.

Then on Wed we drove down to Santa Cruz and went to the boardwalk...a really fun amusement park right on the beach. And yes, that is Harrison's little head behind me, sitting with Grandpa on the log ride! He was so cute and had fun, but you should have seen his face on the pic! I will have to scan it in, it's hilarious.
He loved all the kiddy rides too...


There's the beach and Ry and Nathan taking the easy way to find us.


Watching a few surfers catch some waves

10 years ago we went here on our honeymoon...I can't believe we've been married 10 years!! And what crazy 10 years I'd have to say!
We stayed in Monerey and on thurs. we drove down hwy 1 and saw Big Sur area...this is a famous bridge

cute restarant along the way

Point lobos park...it had beautiful hikes and then we found this little remote beach that was beautiful as well as so much fun!
exporing caves

swimming in the FREEZING water! We think it was around 50 deg!
I love sandy little feet...yum!

Harrison was even in the water!!


Famous cyprus tree on a rock
Friday...pebble beach
I love this pic...normally its the mom's holding the kids but this was great! My mom and I relaxing while Daddy and Grandpa chat with the kiddos!
Harrison surfing the waves with a little help
Harrison LOVES Monterey bay aquarium! it truly is amazing there! We couldn't get him away from this kid place as well as watching the scuba diver feeding the fish.

Muir woods...the redwoods...beautiful...amazing



It was so fun to have them come and the week went by way too fast! come again!!!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

That beach with the waves looks awesome!

Being Ausmus said...

WOW what a trip Laura!!! You definitely win "hostess with the mostess" award. I think you showed them every attraction around!!! At a girl!!! Great great pictures!!! I love family visits!!!!

Taylors said...

you guys really did a lot!! It looks like so much fun! Having family in town is pretty much the best thing ever!

Sarah S said...

What a fun visit with family! I LOVE the close-up pic of Mckinley - she is so cute. The rest of your pictures are really fun too. It looks like you're enjoying the Bay Area!

And I know this is a ways away, but I thought I'd mention while I'm thinking about it - we'll be in Fremont from Christmas Day until Jan. 2nd - let me know if you'll be in town then (though I'm guessing you'll be off visiting family too?). It would be great to see you guys!!

Jacy said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the silhouette ones against the ocean. And the sandy feet... too cute! Looks like you had a wonderful time with family. How fun!
And I *love* your Halloween template and the adorable picture of Harrison with all the pumpkins!

Katie said...

I love your family so much!!! Your mom is seriously the most beautiful person in the world! San Fransisco is near the top of our list for jobs in two years...your pictures only reinforced that!